Banyak betul tokoh2 pengurusan neh... Antara yg terkenal adalah:
- Lahir pd 21 April 1864 di Erfurt, Prussian Saxony dan meninggal dunia pd 14 Jun 1920
- Dia adalah seorang peguam berbangsa Jerman,politician, ahli sejarah, politicial economist & seorang sociologist.
- Contribute kepada Teori Birokrasi
- Contribute kepada Teori Sosiologi.
- Weber mengatakan bahawa birokrasi adalah cara yang paling sesuai untuk menstrukturkan organisasi berskala besar. Menekankan kepada aspek "ideal-type" birokrasi.
[Sociology is ] ... the science whose object is to interpret the meaning of social action and thereby give a causal explanation of the way in which the action proceeds and the effects which it produces. By 'action' in this definition is meant the human behaviour when and to the extent that the agent or agents see it assubjectively meaningful ... the meaning to which we refer may be either (a) the meaning actually intended either by an individual agent on a particular historical occasion or by a number of agents on an approximate average in a given set of cases, or (b) the meaning attributed to the agent or agents, as types, in a pure type constructed in the abstract. In neither case is the 'meaning' to be thought of as somehow objectively 'correct' or 'true' by some metaphysical criterion. This is the difference between the empirical sciences of action, such as sociology and history, and any kind of priori discipline, such as jurisprudence, logic, ethics, or aesthetics whose aim is to extract from their subject-matter 'correct' or 'valid' meaning.